First impressions are everything, especially when it comes to interviews. One of the first things an employer notices about you is the way you dress. Here are some do’s and don’ts of the fashion world when it comes to interviews.
- Make sure that none of your undergarments are visible. Underwear, bra, ext…make sure to keep it, classy people.
- For the love of all that is good, please don’t wear jeans or shorts to an interview. Is that really how you want to your potential boss to first see you?
- Do make sure you keep it classic when choosing your outfit. Make sure your outfit is something that will look good 6 months from now and not just a trendy one that will only last a season.
- If you have any tattoos and/or multiple piercings, make sure that you cover them up or take out your jewelry until you learn the policy on them. You can either wear long clothing to hide your tattoos or purchase special make-up to cover them.
- Finally, please make sure to wear the proper shoes. Flip-flops and tennis shoes are a big no-no. Go for a nice dress shoe for men or a flat or modest heel for women. If you want to learn more about what not to wear to an interview here is a great website to check out. Click HERE!