Hello and happy Monday! With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner we thought we would share some interesting St. Patty’s Day things!
- The Quad Cities is the ONLY bi-state St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the USA.
- The parade begins at 11:30 AM in Rock Island and walks its way to the Centennial Bridge, where it crosses the Mississippi River to Gaines St. in Davenport and east on 3rd to the River Center.
- Before the parade on Saturday, grab your racing shoes and join the Quad Cities for the annual Casi’s St. Patrick’s Day race. The race begins at 9:00 AM.
- After parade for just $15 you can join the Quad Cities for a post parade bash at the River Center.
- Last year, SafeCo Insurance and HomeInsurance.com released a list of the the top 15 U.S. cities with the highest percentages of Irish descendants to join in their St. Patrick’s Day parades. The Quad Cities was ranked #14!
- Be sure to check out Kelly’s Irish Pub for green beer and corn beef!
P.S. Don’t forget to wear your green, we would hate to see you get pinched by an angry leprechaun.